A gun trust is a special type of trust that deals with the purchase, ownership, transfer, possession, and use of firearms. Our NFA trust documents are designed to simply and effectively deal with both regular firearms as well as the unique issues that arise from owning NFA / Title II / Class 3 firearms.
Approval must first be given by the ATF in order to legally own an NFA weapon:
- Short Barrel Rifles (SBR)
- Short Barrel Shotguns (SBS)
- Suppressors (Silencers)
- Fully Automatic Firearms
There are many benefits to using a Gun Trust to purchase and hold your firearms:
- Trusts improve your estate planning by managing inheritance and avoiding probate.
- Protect your legacy by specifying the beneficiaries of your gun collection.
- Assets destined for beneficiaries are protected from creditors, judgements, and bankruptcy.
- No limit to the number of Title II items held and managed by the trust.
- No expiration or annual fees associated with the maintenance or operation of the NFA trust.
- Protect others, such as a spouse, child or friend, from issues of constructive possession or other violations of Federal law.
- Allow others to be authorized users of your NFA firearms without violation of the National Firearms Act.